Reawakened Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Guess who's next
Our 33rd GRB EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 am by Victem

» Need help ;))
Our 33rd GRB EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 am by Zahal

» Voice Chatting...
Our 33rd GRB EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 am by Zahal

» Reawakened Hope's Guild House
Our 33rd GRB EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 am by Zahal

» Word Association
Our 33rd GRB EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:16 am by Zahal

» Make A Wish!
Our 33rd GRB EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 am by Zahal

» guild warehouse
Our 33rd GRB EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 am by Zahal

» Guild Rules
Our 33rd GRB EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 am by fever360

» Spit or Swallow
Our 33rd GRB EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 pm by Zahal

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Our 33rd GRB

+2
Marcelo
Punkette
6 posters

Go down

Our 33rd GRB Empty Our 33rd GRB

Post by Punkette Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:06 pm

Hi everyone. Please bear with me while I get into my stride writing these GRB posts. As I keep saying, Zaha is a hard act to follow, not only as a GRB coordinator, but also as a writer. Well, here goes.

I logged in on Saturday 2 hours before GRB to find Dawn sitting at Keol BS already watching the guild-list (and I thought I was nervous - LOL). After we had been discussing teams, tactics and who might turn up, for what seemed like about 30 minutes, the 90 minutes were up and it was time for everyone to gather at the BS. Shocked Still with no idea of the teams, we winged it the best we could. The time soon came to go in -and we were all in a raid party - not my favourite. We were a bit late so at least had no lag problems and got in immediately.

We went to our respective portals, while my husband, Jeremy, struggled to get the laptop going. Then, to my horror, as we were killing, I saw Lore nearby and heard her say, "Who's going to take me to 1-15?" It was then that I realised that there were only 2 level 15s there, Dawn and Nalpus, tank and mage pale . The raid party had put me off, as I can't work with it on screen and so have it totally transparent. However they had already started on the mobs and were bravely making headway (and points) in blue section. We in red section, however, had lots of people: Ash and Lore as healers, Marce on his BP, 2 fighters, Slay and Jeremy (on KK), Demon on his def, Jeff on his archer, and me on Mage_Kat. Sooo what to do. Well, I asked hubby to take Lore to 1-15, which seemed like the obvious choice, but I'd forgotten one very important detail. He had only ever done 2 GRBs a long time ago on Teos, and had only made the journey through to that area once. He didn't know the way Rolling Eyes. Not wanting to leave getting Lore to Dawn and Nal to chance, we quickly swapped seats (and toons) and therefore computers. OH NOES!!! Panic stations affraid . Me playing on the laptop for the first time, ditto for him with the PC (now you all know why we were both bumbling and fumbling clown ). I could hardly type. On the way to the 1-15 section, Lore was wondering who the hell I was, cos she thought I was on Mage_Kat, and there had been no time for introductions (sorry about that guys, I'll do it next week I promise Very Happy ). Halfway to blue section, I found that Jeff was behind us. And boy, am I glad he was. When we got there, we quickly killed the boss, and then started to round up the mobs. It was an unspoken decision for Jeff and me to stay once we were there, and I think it was the right one.

In the beginning, we were all over the place, but much to Lore's relief, after I'd died Embarassed surrounded by mobs, while everyone else was otherwise engaged, Dawn and I started rounding the mobs up in the same area, and the rest went smoothly, except for a couple of random mobs getting onto Nal and killing him. Lore always got us back on our feet as soon as she could. (Thanks sweetie I love you ) Jeff kept kept an eye out for mobs getting onto Lore and Nal, and saved their butts a few times. But these things do tend to happen in GRB, as you all know. We soon adapted and the points came rolling in from both teams. Another bonus was that no UMs died so no runes were used cheers

Now that we know what to do, next week's GRB should run far more smoothly. For one thing, I won't start off so nervous, panic-stricken and feeling like a bear with a sore head Mad . It seems as the minutes ticked by the points piled up quicker and quicker, until we eventually made just over 12k. I was thrilled to bits when I read the board and found we are now ranked 16th. I was like WOOT WOOT we got back innnnnnn (well I was! bounce ). We now have well over 2,500 Etin too, so keep them coming guys. Very Happy

Well done and a huge thank you to all who came. I would like to mention here that Jeremy did extremely well as he hasn't been playing Shaiya recently. I'm going to try and get him on Punkette HM this week to plvl my HM mage to 30 so we can use her instead of Mage_Kat, who is only NM. It'll give him some practice too, ready for Saturday.

I'm really sorry, but I've only got one screenshot for you this week. I had no time to think, never mind press extra buttons on a strange computer - LOL. So if anyone has time to take screenshots next week I would be extremely grateful (err Bran? our resident screenshotter, or is that screenshooter? lol). Also, there is hardly a mention of red team here, but that is due to the fact that Dawn and I were in the same team, and Jeremy was still getting used to Shaiya again (also he usually plays fighter on laptop and not mage on PC, as I mentioned before ^^) and was in no fit state to tell me what went on afterwards - LOL. Mind you he did keep me informed of progress and I heard from him that you all watched each other's backs very efficiently. You all did great.

A fantastic GRB was had by all. RH is ranked once again, after just one off-week, which can happen to any guild. With the exact same teams, and knowing what we know now, I'm sure we could make 1,000 more points. The guild in 12th place only had a little over 200 points more than we did. Laughing

We hope to see you all next week same place same time (and anyone else who can make it is more than welcome to join in the fun Smile )

Punkette flower

A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES
Our 33rd GRB Shaiya0000-1-1

Last edited by Punkette on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added screenshot)
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Our 33rd GRB Empty Re: Our 33rd GRB

Post by Marcelo Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Yay, I need coffee I almost fell asleep reading hahaha, kidding ya Fi, great report and you and Dawn did exelent, I always thought you'd do great Fi, I don't know why so nervous Razz it was a fun GRB watching you so stressed tongue Well what can I say about Red team.... we rock or should I say We Ice Razz kidding, we know already how to work in there, Kalion is the headache, we need a plan on how to take him down.
Marcelo
Marcelo
Guild Admin
Guild Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shadoewitch Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:20 pm

And more bodies, especially more mages would so help out with that.
great report Fi,thanx for doing it.
i never thought to take shots either i dont think.
Well, from here its up guys!
Lets encourage more of our guildies to get out and play!
Yay Hope!
shadoewitch
shadoewitch

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkette Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm

OMG - it IS long. I never really noticed before now. I'll make it shorter in future (if I can). Just don't want to miss stuff out.

I know red team rocks - AND ices and lots more besides, but Kalion wasn't the main priority the other day, not enough points to make the time needed to kill him/her/it worthwhile, tho would be nice to get the 100 Etin ^^ (for GH, Marce for GH lol).

I expect we can get Kalion this week. We wasted time last week so this week we should be ok - although i personally feel Kalion should be left until fairly near the end, to avoid any 'bajas' whatever that is in English. Also we should get quite a few points under our belts b4 taking him on. Any ideas on what to do?

Yes Dawn, more mages would be a big boost. Remember we should have Bran's BP back soon, I hope, which is a huge boon, especially against the fire mobs. It would be great if Tam got his mage back with us. Where did he go? I thought he loved GRB Crying or Very sad
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 pm

for the 15 area just send 3 lvl 30s using 15s for that section is a waste they kill to slow and fast kills = more points

all you need to rock the 15 area is a fighter priest/healer and mage or a fighter and a half healer/half BP

this because most 30 fighters can take those mobs down to half health or lower with windspind and groundshock

(tho i havent tested this yet but would love to i bet a lvl 30 um rec mage heavily lapised could to pretty well in the 15 area also cuz of the 2 instas and the quick casting storm spell.)
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkette Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Although I agree with you on this Sky, I feel at the same time, that the faster we start making points, the better. So for the time being, and until everybody has the necessary higher levels to do both 1-15 and 16-30, we are going to keep a few level 15s (in fact there were only 2 there last week).

Please keep the suggestions coming. They are very helpful and it is nice to know that someone else is thinking along the lines I am. And if you have a UM rec mage and want to give it a go - there's always Saturday Razz
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Post by Stand Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:53 am

Nice Report Fi Very Happy just as detialed as Zaha's Very Happy . I feel like I was there even though I wasn't Sad . Great Job guildies as Usual Very Happy ya'll just keep making be proud to be your leader just wish I had more time to play with ya'll. This is such a great guild with great people who want to have fun and work with each other Very Happy .

I like the idea of a rec mage there too. My UM priest is a wis priest but I gave him 50 rec to help the defense on him. I found that helped TONS in 1-15 section in staying alive. That was the only reseason that I survived the last GRB I took part in when the entire rest of blue team went down. So I think that an UM rec Mage would not have any problems to speak of in that section.
Stand
Stand
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

http://bb-sblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkette Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:09 am

Thanks Stand. I wish you had been there in the toon-flesh though - lol. We all miss you not being with us. And Zaha, well that goes without saying Sad .

As I mentiond in the post, we intend to do our best to make next week's GRB even more successful. With the regular GRBers we have, it shouldn't be too hard, as long as nothing unexpected happens.
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Post by Stand Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:26 pm

as long as nothing unexpected happens ? Fi that's what GRB is all about lol the unexpected almost always happens lol Very Happy . no worries though we work well together to get though the unexpected Very Happy
Stand
Stand
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

http://bb-sblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:28 pm

oo oo unexpected being.. me showing up XD
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkette Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

Well not if you tell us first hon - and we'd love to have you. If Home can spare you of course.

*sudden thought* OMG please tell me you didn't manage to log on in time last week and that what I saw of you on guild chat was NOT from inside GRB, cos I didn't include you in post if u were there - I DID see ur cheerleading ^^. Much appreciated Razz
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:37 pm

no i wasnt in grb i was sitting in keo lol
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkette Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Good - glad to hear that I didn't mess up after all bounce
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylar Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:06 am

lol XD
Skylar
Skylar

Back to top Go down

Post by Branraudon Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:25 pm

Great job gang ! and Great report Fi ! Very Happy

It was a real thrill to see us ranked up there again. Hate I couldn't be there but soon I hope to be free to bring Peri back to GRB. I make no promises for tomorrow's GRB but if I can I will take a break from my tasks and be there ! I have missed having time to play Shaiya and missed you guys even more.

Keep up the good work. Smile

Last edited by Branraudon on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Branraudon
Branraudon

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkette Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Thank you, Bran. We did our best. And we'll do as well as we can again tomorrow.Very Happy
I hope you can make it too, Bran. It'd be great to have you back with us. You're a great asset to the team and we miss those fantastic screenies too Razz
Punkette
Punkette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum