Reawakened Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Guess who's next
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 am by Victem

» Need help ;))
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 6:17 am by Zahal

» Voice Chatting...
GRB 10/9/10 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 am by Zahal

» Reawakened Hope's Guild House
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 am by Zahal

» Word Association
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 6:16 am by Zahal

» Make A Wish!
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:41 am by Zahal

» guild warehouse
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 6:34 am by Zahal

» Guild Rules
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 am by fever360

» Spit or Swallow
GRB 10/9/10 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 pm by Zahal

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

GRB 10/9/10

2 posters

Go down

GRB 10/9/10 Empty GRB 10/9/10

Post by Zahal Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:22 am

Well, this is much later than I intended it to be lol. Well, though it's taken me awhile to remember to write this, let's see how much I remember Very Happy.

I knew we were going to have some trouble at GRB because Bran was going to be out of town. What I didn't know, was that Satan was going to lose internet too! With two guildies out I wasn't sure what would happen, but it didn't strike me until we were gathering for GRB just who I was missing. After Delfa had passed on the news about Satan, I started thinking who would be on which team. Blue Team was all there, Stand, Caz, and Yosh. Then I went to think of Red Team and it hit me; Delfa, with her lvl 30 priest, was there, and I had my lvl 30 defender, but we had no firepower! "WAIT A MIN!" I said in guild chat, briefly becoming distressed over this realization; until the more practical side of me, which has held me through dcing peeps mid GRB, dying tanks, UMs, missing priests, and everything else that has beset RH GRB in my old days of coordinating, kicked in and said 'hold on, you'll find a way, as always.' Still, tho I have coordinated many GRBs, this had to be one of the greatest problems I have faced. I had three defenders, two priests, and one mage to work with. Then I pulled up the guild list, as I often do when needing toons and/or peeps, and my glance fell on a fighter, lvl 57. As soon as I saw that, an idea dawned.

"Hey, Yosh," I said, to the owner of that fighter. "How would you like to try lvl 60 section with my nm priest?" Crazy, isn't it? Or so it seemed, but we were a little desperate and I knew Yosh had soloed a couple of mobs there on his first GRB, after an unfortunate glitch that rendered his UM archer useless. Yosh agreed to the venture and Green Team, as we have dubbed the lvl 60 team, prepared for its first debut.

Putting Stand, Delfa, and Caz all in Blue Team, assured that we would still have a solid party there. Krois, logging a few minutes before GRB, was persuaded to follow Yosh and I into the lvl 60 section with his lvl 53 ranger. The time had come, we would now find out if it was folly to try lvl 60 with three people and only one, nm, lvl 54, priest to back two hms.

As Blue Team made haste to run to lvl 15, Yosh bravely swung his sword at the first orc of lvl 60 section. We were both surprised, I think, at how little damage he took. We soon determined that he could tank. Still, though, my priest was not wanting for more healing power and, as we tanked farther, I found I wasn't as squishy as one would have thought among those red and orange orcs either. Being somewhat bored with the easy healing, I took more than a few stabs at the mobs with my staff, doing a whopping 11 crit at one point Laughing ! We worked our way up to the first boss, Pantera, and then went back to the start, but Krois, after long striving for life on UM, was feeling like dying and we all wanted to check the toughness of Pantera, purple to me affraid . So, we skipped and fought our way back to Pantera. With ten minutes to go Yosh ran up to challenge the big orc, who's sword is practically as long as Yosh's fighter is tall! Now, my priest got a work out! And then Yosh was dead confused , just like that. Krois tried to run, but he died too. Then Krois reported what had happened; Pantera had killed him with an 11k crit! Nonetheless, we weren't prepared to give up lol. Yosh tried doting him and running circles, but Pantera critted again. Krois tried pick coup (Pantera was grey to him!) and other ranger skills, but every time they died; Pantera kept critting more than they had hp Sad. At the last, Yosh ran off to return to tanking mobs, just as Krois decided to have one last go at Pantera. I, seeing what Krois was doing and knowing if we could hold Pantera's aggro til the end of GRB we would get about half the points he was worth if killed, lingered to heal Krois. None of it worked tho, Krois died within seconds and Yosh was too far away for me to heal and died too. Not knowing what else to do, I started resing Krois, since I could at least reach him. Pantera pulled the old aggroed-despite-death trick on Krois and just as I resed him, headed our way! "RUN!!!!" I started to shout to Krois, tho he was already in motion, when GRB ended. So, in a completely unplanned and unexpected way, we had aggro on Pantera at end of GRB Very Happy.

Blue Team had a fairly quiet time I believe. Except that Caz kept trying to skip a pull and Stand and Delfa had to call him back lol. They took boss cheers and provided encouragement, if with skepticism, about Green Team's attempt at Pantera Very Happy.

Unfortunately, Green Team could not entirely replace Red Team, especially since lvl 60 mobs are worth only 7 points whereas lvl 30 are worth 9 and it was not the ideal group for aoe Very Happy. Nonetheless, I am pleased with how it went and glad to know something of lvl 60 section now. People have said it was like pando, I report it is not Very Happy, though it is not to be taken lightly, those mobs can mass heal (which was nearly our undoing at one point, but Yosh realized in time, thankfully Smile).

I do not know how many points we made exactly as we did not quite rank Sad, but we were in 34th position looks like, so: close Very Happy! Thanks to all who came! Hope to see everyone at this week's GRB tomorrow Smile.

Zahal sunny

P.S. The last adventure we had of GRB was that Yosh remained dead after GRB end scratch and I had to res him from GMO! lol!

P.P.S. I took some pics of lvl 60 section, try to post them soon, still have to upload them though Smile. cheers
Zahal
Zahal
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

GRB 10/9/10 Empty Re: GRB 10/9/10

Post by Cazon Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Great report as aways! I had fun, don't know about everyone else though (though I should think that we all had fun as aways Very Happy)

Cazon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum